SUNDAY TIMES CRIME CLUB GIVEAWAY: JOHN CONNOLLY
Win the most recent four Charlie Parker thrillers in paperback!
Charlie Parker made his debut in May 1999 in Every Dead Thing. Since then, John Connolly has written 17 novels in which the American detective sometimes relies on his exceptional sensitivity to the supernatural to solve crimes that baffle others. In his latest Parker thriller, The Dirty South, Connolly goes back to Arkansas in 1997 to give fans Parker’s origin story, as he mourns his own appalling bereavement and hunts the serial killer of young black women.
To celebrate the publication of The Dirty South, Hodder & Stoughton are offering five Crime Club readers the chance to win four of the Parker backlist: A Book of Bones, The Woman in the Woods, A Game of Ghosts and A Time of Torment. To enter, complete the form below by Friday April 3. Winners will be picked at random.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This is a prize draw for one of 5 sets of four John Connolly novels in paperback: A Book of Bones (ISBN 9781473641990), The Woman in the Woods (9781473641945), A Game of Ghosts (9781473641907),and A Time of Torment (9781444751604 ). To enter, please complete the entry form on the Crime Files website.
2. The five winners will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a member of the Hodder & Stoughton marketing team, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
4. The prize draw opens at 12:01 am GMT on Thursday 26th March 2020 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on Friday 3rd April 2020. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. The prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
6. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
7. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
8. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a Winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
9. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below.
10. The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the prize draw and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice (https://www.hodder.co.uk/Information/Privacy.page)It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the prize draw and delivering any prize(s) and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the prize draw. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the prize draw. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize(s). The company will need to provide the Winner’s address and other relevant information to its distributor Hachette UK distribution to enable the prize(s) to be sent.
11. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from the Company, the email addresses of entrants will be used by the Company in accordance with its Privacy Notice (https://www.hodder.co.uk/Information/Privacy.page) to send news about books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications.
12. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from companies within the Hachette UK group of companies (“Hachette Companies”), the email addresses of entrants may be shared with the Hachette Companies. It will be used by the Hachette companies in accordance with their Privacy Notice(s) to send news about their books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/assets/HachetteGroup/GDPR/HachetteUKGroupCompanies.pdf
13. By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. This competition is being organised by Hodder & Stoughton Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“the Company”).
15. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.